The next version of SketchUp has been made available this week in the form of SketchUp 2016 which has been designed to provide a wealth of new features of users to enjoy.
SketchUp 2016 is more connected than ever, says the softwares creators allowing reference, sync, comment, report, and share, to the projects, information, and team of people you may work with.
Chris Keating, general manager for Trimble’s Architecture and Design Division explains more :
We’ve placed great emphasis on enhancing SketchUp for improved workflow capabilities and usability, paying careful attention to even the smallest details around drawing, the fluidity of 3D navigation and the hand-off between tools in the overall design and BIM process
We’ve also worked on making it easier for the SketchUp community to share models and collaborate with others. The direct integration with Trimble Connect is one more step toward breaking down barriers and fostering collaboration—something we believe to be critically important for enabling open BIM and successful building and construction projects.
New features of SketchUp 2016 include :
– The ability to reload 3D Warehouse Models. This feature is pretty self-explanatory; once a model is downloaded from 3D Warehouse, it can be reloaded after every change; allowing it to serve as a reference object in any project.
– Generate Report 2.0. The existing Generate Report tool has been reworked to give users more control over what information SketchUp Pro exports from models, and how that information is organized.
– LayOut Cloud References make your LayOut projects web friendly, meaning that they can easily reference and update files that are stored and synced within services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Trimble Connect Sync.
– New LayOut API is the first step toward an extension ecosystem for LayOut. Developers can now create and customize files .layout files from SketchUp models.
– Enhanced Inferencing
– Customizable Utility Trays on Windows
– Refreshed Textures
– Small Dimensions are new LayOut leaders that allow users to work more easily with confined spaces
– New and Improved LayOut Layers
For more information on the new SketchUp 2016 jump over to the official website for details and to download via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.