The average American indirectly cuts down eight 40-foot trees for paper consumption. Reduce you clutter and show a little love for Mother Earth by going paperless today!
Here are six tips to start that paperless lifestyle:
1. Paperless Bills – Ask you bank or cable provider to view your bills online. Most of them are offering this option already, you need only ask. You get an email or text message when your bills are up, so it’s even more convenient. Consider all that paper you save for a year’s worth of bills!
2. Download PDF Manuals – Almost all gadgets have PDF versions of their manuals online. Get that and recycle the paper ones. Now you also don’t have to worry about lost manuals when you need them.
3. Scan your documents – Scan those documents you’ve been keeping in an old file cabinet somewhere. Multifunction printers can even convert these scans to PDFs. You can also scan small stuff like receipts and business cards with you smartphone.
4. Print to PDF – Of course you can still print stuff out of the internet. But you can save more if you print it to PDF. Better use Google Chrome since it has a PDF printing built in.
5. Access PDFs from the Cloud – Going paperless can take a toll in your computer’s memory. So it’s a good idea to store them online in cloud devices like Dropbox, Sky Drive and Box. Storing them online is also great because you can access them anytime, anywhere with your smartphone.
6. Use an electronic signature – No more need to print documents out just to sign them! It’s easy because there are a lot of apps that allow you to sign documents using your finger or a stylus, including the latest version of Adobe’s free mobile Reader apps.
So that’s it. Six easy tips. Go paperless today!
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.