Makers, hobbyists and developers searching for an affordable programmable Internet connected button, may be interested in SiB. Priced at just $5 the Internet connected button allows you to make anything smart and connected say it’s creators. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the “swiss-army-knife” of Internet Connected Devices and Internet of Things.
Available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges available from $5 or £4 pounds for a single SiB Internet connected button with other options available for a magnetic alarm kit, sensors, voice assistant integration and more.
“The SiB is a small, ring-box sized self-powered, wireless Internet-connected button. Paired with our SiMP Messaging App, this little device can be programmed to do almost anything! The goal of the SiB is to create an ecosystem of sensors to fulfill everyday needs at an affordable price, with the least necessary technical knowledge required to setup. The app is free and there are no monthly fees!”
Features of SIB include :
– The SiB is able to run with its internal battery over 4500 times. That means, more than 4500 random or uniform operations over the span of 10 years.
– The SiB is able to acquire and log data more than 30000 times with once a week WiFi use.
– The SiB is smart; able to carry out dozens of operations by itself.
– It is a quality product, able to withstand freezing temperatures (tested to -13F for months at a time) and as high as (140F for over an hour).
– High water resistance and completely water proof with optional silicone cover – tested for weeks submerged entirely in ocean-sourced salt water.
– Able to be plugged to dumb accessories and make them smart.
– Dozens of uses when used by itself, exponentially more when used with accessories.
– Uses for every age group, from baby to senior.
– Multiple patents filed which include technical and design protections.
– It is the smallest, most versatile WiFi button in existence. Only 1.2″x1.2″x3/4″! (30.5mm x 30.5mm x 19mm).
– Every component in a SiB is rated (at least) -40F (-40C) to 185F (85C) industrial temp range – all components are sourced from reputable manufacturers.
– The SiB has an internal super accurate (10ppm) 32.768KHz real time clock crystal with a deviation of about 35ms per hour – making it more accurate than most watches!
– The SiB contains an auto sense power source chip from TI – thus when external power is removed or lost, the SiB battery keeps the SiB powered ON and acting as a perfect backup and an automated notification of this event can immediately be sent to SiMP™.
– With the SiB you are given the ability to enter more than one WiFi access point, if you experience a problem with your preferred AP, the SiB will automatically switch to any of the next available, making sure that no matter what, the SiB is always able to get that important message or data to you.
For more information and to make a pledge from $5 jump over to the official crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Hardware, Top News