We have been hearing rumors about the new Samsung Gear Fit 2 for some time and the device is now official and Samsung has also announced another new device, the Samsung Gear IconX. The Gear Fit 2 comes with a 1.5 inch curved Super AMOLED display that has a resolution of 216 x 432 pixels and the device is powered by a dual core 1GHz processor.
The Samsung Gear Fit 2 is equipped with a 2000 mAh battery and it comes with 512MB of RAM, there is also 4GB of include storage. The device comes in two sizes, small and large and it features Samsung’s Tizen OS.
Here are some of the features on the new Samsung Gear Fit 2:
- Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use
- Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for easy fitness monitor, or checking and responding to text message notifications
- Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle
- With Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing machine or elliptical trainer
- Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, and provides ‘Step Challenges,’ for 1:1 competition with your friends
- The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device
You can find out more details a about the new Gear Fit 2 from Samsung over at the company’s website at the link below.