This week we have been lucky enough to get our hands on a very cool PC case, that we featured on geeky gadgets previously, the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case.
The Antec Skeleton is not like any other PC case we have seen before, it is basically a completely open case where are the components are exposed, hence why it was given the name ‘Open Air’.
The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the gigantic fan on the top of the case, this is a 250mm fan, and it has built in multi coloured LEDs.
The case is very well constructed, and it is pretty heavy weighing in at about 7kg, there are 4 drive bays, 2 x 5.25″ external and 2 x 3.5″ internal, there is also an optional side mounted panel that lets you add up to 4 additional 3.5″ drives.
Inside the case there are 8 expansion slots, which can take up to 11″ graphics cards and multiple graphics cards including NVIDIA 3-way SLI.
Here is a list of the specifications.
- 4 Drive Bays (External: 2 x 5.25″, Internal: 2 x 3.5″, Optional: 4 x 3.5″ side panel mounted drive trays
- Layered tray design for greater system integration flexibility
- 8 Expansion Slots including room for 11″ video cards
- Cooling System: 1 top 250mm TriCool 3-speed multi color customizable LED Fan, 1 front 92mm HD cooling fan
- Motherboard: Standard ATX
- Front ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x FireWire (IEEE1394), 1 x eSATA
- Audio (AC97 and HDA compatible) In and Out
Overall if you are looking for a completely different PC case than the standard box type case, whether it be for overclocking or modding or just to look cool on your desk, I would definitely recommend taking a look at the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case.
It is certainly one of the coolest cases we have seen, and very well built.
Normally we would build a PC inside this case to see how it performs, but as we will be giving this away as a prize in next weeks Geeky Gadgets Giveaway, I decided not to build one this time, so that the competition winner gets a shiny new case.
The Antec Skeleton Open Air PC case is available direct from Antec for $149.99 from various online retailers.Filed Under: Gadgets News, Hardware, Reviews