Anyone in the market for a lightweight all-in-one system that provides the ability to 3D print, laser engrave, plot as well as a CNC milling system may be interested in the new Reach 3D Printer which has launched over on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website this week and is available to back with pledges starting from just $259.
Watch the promotional video below to learn more about this 3D printer kit which allows you to learn more about 3D printing as you construct the kit, as well as providing a wealth of different features to be able to start your own desktop manufacturing process.
The all-in-one system has been created by Neat Rogers and is looking to raise $40,000 via Kickstarter which it has newly already achieved thanks to over 110 backers.
We were looking for an affordable, solid, non-proprietary 3D printer that could do anything. We wanted a printer with a large build area that could be easily modified and be a platform to learn from. We couldn’t find one that met all of our expectations. So we set out to design our own.
We didn’t need to “reinvent the wheel”. Instead, we used readily available components and streamlined the design for simplicity. We started with an all aluminum frame made from v-slot extrusions, 1/8″ aluminum plates and delrin v-wheels to ensure a strong cantilever design. We also had to have a huge build area, the ability to print in many different materials(ninja-flex) and a printer that could easily be modified for laser cutting, engraving, plotting and light milling. All of our main components are easily source-able and the build size can be extended. We found no need to enclose the build area, simplifying the whole printer.
Specifications include :
– Frame – all aluminum 1/8″ laser cut plates and 20×20, 20×40 extrusions
– Hardware – all metric, 8mm lead screw
– Rails – v-slot and delrin v-wheels, 625ZZ bearings
– Belt Drive – GT2-20 tooth pulleys (aluminum)
– Electronics – Arduino/Ramps 1.4
– Motors – Nema 17s, 4000g.cm torque
– Hot End – J-Head, all metal 1.75mm, E3D Clone (.4mm nozzle)
– Extruder – geared for speed and strength
– Power Supply – 6a 12v laptop style. c8 plug (upgrade – 10a 12v. c13 plug)
– Printable materials – works with virtually all suppliers of 1.75mm filaments. Can print in PLA, ABS, PetG, Nylon, NinjaFlex, faux metal, etc
For more information on the new Reach 3D Printer and to make a pledge from $259 jump over to the Kickstarter website for details.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.