Home automation or Raspberry Pi enthusiasts may be interested in a new RPi Relay Board specifically designed to make Raspberry Pi home automation projects even easier to build. Priced at just $18.99 the RPi Relay Board is now available to purchase from the Waveshare website and offers compatibility with a wide range of Raspberry Pi mini PC systems. The RPi Relay Board provides the ability to control high voltage/high current devices.
Features of the Raspberry Pi home automation board include :
– Supports Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/3B+
– High quality relays, loads up to 5A 250V AC or 5A 30V DC
– Photo coupling isolation, prevent interference from high voltage circuit
– Onboard LEDs for indicating relays status
– Relay control jumper, allows to control the relays by custom pins other than the default pins
– Comes with development resources, including examples in wiringPi, WebioPi, shell, python, and bcm2835
“Before using this expansion board, you should install some libraries to Raspberry Pi, such as bcm2835, wiringPi and python. For more information about the installation and configuration of the RPi library functions, please refer to Libraries Installation for RPi. Open the browser on your PC or cell phone, and enter the IP address of RPi into the address bar and end with the port number: 8000. For example, input http://192.168.1.16:8000 (the address can be changeable according to your actual condition). To login the website, you should enter your account and password. The default account name is webiopi, and the original password is raspberry. When finished the steps above, if you can enter the webpage WebIOPi Main Menu, it means the environment is configured well.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.