If you are looking to add LoRa, GPRS or GPS to your Raspberry Pi mini PC you may be interested in the latest addition to the Docker Pi series of modules, the Docker Pi IoT Node(A). Design specifically enhance the mini PCs Internet of Things capabilities. Thanks to its HAT form factor the Docker Pi IoT Node can also be used with other mini PCs with a similar form factor to the Raspberry Pi.
The Docker Pi IoT Node(A) supports GPS/BDS (Beidou), GSM, and LoRa and interfaces to the host mini PC host over I2C, in order to control LoRa & GSM connectivity. The new Raspberry Pi HAT is now available to preorder directly from the Seeed Studio online store from $37 and will start shipping in a few days time on July 22nd, 2019.
GPRS features :
– Low power consumption, standby sleep current <1mA
– Support GSM/GPRS, four frequency bands, including 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHZ
– GPRS Class 10
– Support GPRS data service, maximum data rate, download 85.6Kbps, upload 42.8Kbps
– Support standard GSM07.07, 07.05 AT commands, and access the serial port through I2C interface conversion
– AT commands support standard AT and TCP/IP command ports
– Support standard SIM card
GPS features :
– Support BDS/GPS joint positioning
– Support A-GPS, A-BDS
LORA features :
– Transmission distance – 500 meters (RF parameters: 0x50 @ China City)
– Support FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTM, and OOK modulation methods
– Ultra-high receiver sensitivity as low as -141 dBm
– Support preamble detection
– Packet engine with CRC, up to 256 bytes
– LORA transceiver indicator
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.