Professionals and enthusiasts searching for a versatile yet reliable USB-UART converter may be interested in a new device called the μArt, which is now available to back via the Crowd Supply website. μArt It’s available from $32 and shipping for orders placed today is expected to start during the middle of November 2018. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about this pocket -sized device
“μArt is an isolated USB to UART-TTL adapter that is truly versatile, safe, and dependable. You can use it almost anywhere you need to connect a UART to your computer’s USB port, regardless of voltage levels, electric potentials, and communication speed, and whether it is used for data exchange or for programming Arduinos, ESPs, or other devices. At the same time, μArt is robust and tolerates common user mistakes without being damaged or causing damage to other hardware. μArt was created so that you can finally replace your collection of UART converters with a single, high-quality tool.”
Features fo the μArt professional USB to UART converter include :
– Multi-level ESD protection for all interfaces. ESD damage is tricky because things can seem to work for a while after an ESD event, and you don’t need visible sparks to have it.
– Voltage auto-sensing, meaning the converter will automatically use the correct voltage levels for UART communication. No more setting jumpers or “Which of these five converter boards was the one for 3V3?”.
– Cross-platform support, with readily available and mature drivers for Windows, Linux, MacOS, and more*.
– Suitable for communicating with low-noise circuits, supported by the filters, the isolation, and careful layout.
– GPIO pins that you can control directly over USB, parallel to the UART lines. They can also be reconfigured in software for alternate functions (RS-485, remote wakeup).
– Four LEDs, each of different color to make them immediately distinguishable. One lights up if power is connected, two indicate RX/TX activity, while the last one is connected to a GPIO, giving you visual feedback about its state without special software on the host computer.
– Four-wall shrouded header protects against ESD from fingers and from shorts by dangling wires.
– Custom-designed case, professional and ergonomic, giving both mechanical and electrical protection, and a cool transparent-translucent look.
For more details and full specifications jump over to the official Crowd Supply website by following the link below to be one of the first1st to own the μArt.