Geekroo Technologies has designed a new Raspberry Pi advanced battery hat called Pipeye that cannot only power your single board mini PC but also provide you with data so that you can see what is happening between power and computer.
The Pipeye battery had has been designed to provide a variety of different protections to your mini PC including short circuit protection, over voltage protection, battery short-circuit protection, temperature protection, reset protection and overcorrect protection.
The Pipeye Battery HAT has a built-in microprocessor, which manages the entire power system enabling it to :
– sends shutdown command to the Raspberry Pi if the battery level is too low,
– calculates the battery level and sends the accurate information of the battery to the OLED,
– monitors the system and battery status,
– monitors the charging current and voltage
– communicates with the Raspberry Pi,
– controls the sleep/awake/reset mode, helps to save power when the battery is being used, makes “10 hours working time” possible.
For more information on the new Pipeye Battery Hat jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from $33 to own one of the very first off the production line.