Following on from the arrival of the Pimoroni Piano Raspberry Pi HAT yesterday at the Adafruit store, another has also been made available this week in the form of the Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT.
The Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT provides a 16 x 3 character LCD display with capacitive touch pads, GPIO breakout pins, and a six-zone RGB backlight.
The backlit on the latest addition is twice as bright as the older Display-O-Tron 3000, says Adafruit, who explain :
The capacitive touch pad is ideal for navigating on-screen menus or inputting data and there are some pretty common GPIO pins added for those of you who want to merge with other projects and sensors. The six-zone RGB backlight plus new and improved LED bar graph add a dazzling splash of rainbow color! Monitoring memory usage and CPU load was never so much fun!
Features of the Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT
• Fully assembled (apart from optional GPIO header)
• Super slim 16×3 character LCD display
• Six capacitive touch input buttons
• Handy six element LED bargraph
• Six-zone RGB backlight with diffuser
• GPIO breakout for 5V, 3V3, GND, SDA/SCL, TX/RX, PWM, MOSI/MISO/SCLK/CE1, and GPIO #5, #6, #13, #19, #26
• Full ASCII set plus eight custom characters
For more details on Raspberry Pi displays and HATS jump over to our essential guide.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.