Bert Schiettecatte has taken to Kickstarter to raise the required $120,000, needed to take the new Percussa micro Super Signal Processor Eurorack Module (mSSP) into production. The Percussa micro Super Signal Processor (mSSP) Eurorack Module Has been created to provide a powerful Eurorack DSP module based on one of the fastest ARM processors available.
Equipped with a quad core Cortex A171.8GHz processor combined with high end AKM audio converters offering 8 in / 4 out with up to 192kHz sample rate and 32-bit resolution, the mSSP is now available to back with early bird pledges available from $499 or roughly £389 with worldwide shipping expected to take place sometime around June 2019.
Key features and specifications of the Percussa micro Super Signal Processor Eurorack Module include :
– 8 inputs via high end AKM ADC with 32 bit resolution supporting sample rates of 192kHz, 96kHz and 48kHz (AK5558)
– 4 outputs via high end AKM DAC with 32 bit resolution supporting sample rates of 192kHz, 96kHz and 48kHz (AK4454)
– DC coupled inputs and outputs, eurorack voltage compliant (-5V to +5V)
– All inputs and outputs support any signal type (audio, control, gate, trigger, etc)
– Low-noise power supplies and op-amp stages, featuring 0.1% resistors
– Quad core CPU running at 1.8 GHz per core with NEON SIMD parallel processing
– 32-bit floating point ADC/DAC input and output with 64-bit DSP algorithms
– Capable of running multiple DSP modules in parallel on multiple cores
Synthesis Engine features include :
Preloaded with 50 modular synthesis patches covering a wide range of synthesis techniques and audio processing methods (half of the patches are chosen by Percussa with the other half to be voted on by backers)
Custom DSP software with more than 25 built-in synth modules such as wavetable oscillators, granulars, samplers, filters and effects
Patches can use combinations of many fundamental DSP modules allowing multichannel and multivoice architectures
Supports loading your own WAV files into patch modules via USB flash drives (e.g. load your own samples in the wavetable oscillators, granular processors, samplers, etc)
Modify, store and recall patch module parameters as presets (limited only by size of the USB stick)
Storage and recall of presets and patches with the press of a button
100+ pre-recorded samples / wavetables with royalty free license for (m)SSP users
Supports loading synthesis patches created on the SSP by Percussa or the SSP community
For full specifications and a complete list of all available pledge options jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Hardware, Top News