Pebble has this week announced the roll-out of a new feature for iOS users to enjoy in the form of the new Text Reply. Which enables Pebble iOS users to now reply to messages using their voice.
Text Reply for iOS isn a new beta feature made available by Pebble that make their devices the first non-Apple smartwatches to offer voice and text replies to our iPhone users.
Pebble explains how to get started using the new Text Reply features now available to iOS users :
Starting today, Pebblers in the U.S. on a post-paid AT&T account can test drive iOS Text Reply using their Pebble Time, Time Steel, or Time Round. After setting things up, users can respond with a voice reply or pre-defined text to incoming items from the iOS Messages app.
Expanding voice capabilities to Pebblers with iPhones continues to be a big focus of ours. We are working to enable additional carriers and services to provide actionable notifications to more and more iPhone users. For full details about iOS Text Replies, review the FAQ below or on our Support page.
– Update your Pebble Time iPhone app to version 3.4 or higher.
– After updating the iPhone app, update your Pebble Time’s firmware to version 3.7 or higher. Select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble if you aren’t prompted automatically.
– From the iOS app, navigate to Menu » Settings » Actionable Notifications to set up Text Replies for the first time.
– Follow the setup instructions.
– After successful setup, notifications received from the Messages app will have the option to reply with voice or a list of pre-defined responses.
– Note: Successfully sent Pebble replies will NOT appear in the iOS Messages app. The reply is sent as an SMS through AT&T directly, and not the Messages app.
Jump over to the Pebble official blog for more details via the link below.