The Pebble Core is a new fitness tracker from Pebble that the company will be launching next year and now Pebble has revealed that the device will come with Amazon’s Alexa.
The Core is being crowdfunded via Kickstarter and Alexa will be used on the device for a wide range of functions.
“Experiencing Amazon Alexa on-the-go right from Pebble Core is game-changing for wearable technology,” said Pebble CEO Eric Migicovsky. “We’re longtime fans of the powerful voice services Alexa delivers, and it only gets smarter and more useful over time. It’s an approach we embrace with our own products.”
Alexa-enabled devices feature an ever-growing arsenal of delightful, voice-powered capabilities. With Amazon Alexa, Pebble Core can:
- Play songs, artists, and playlists from Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Brief you with news headlines from USA Today, The Washington Post, or The Huffington Post.
- Review your Pebble Health summary for the day, like heart rate, step count, and calories burned.
- Order pizzas for the gang on game day.
- Shop for gifts and necessities on Amazon.
- Get weather and traffic updates.
- Set a timer for a set of side planks.
- Control smart home devices like lights, thermostats, locks, and more.
- Tell you a joke.
- Answer almost any question you can think of—from the nutritional information of certain foods to movie facts on IMDB.
You can find out more details about Amazon’s Alexa on the Pebble Core at the link below.