Today Ouya has revealed that their Ouya console has reached a milestone for the new console passing 200+ games and applications being available for owners to choose from.
The game list includes great game and the number one game currently on the Ouya is the multiplayer archery combat game which is an Ouya exclusive, Towerfall which was created by Matt Makes Games.
If you didn’t already know the new Ouya console is a new kind of game console for the television that brings together an open development experience where any creator can publish a game to the TV with an accessible and affordable console priced at $99.
Ouya supports both the downloading and streaming of entertainment content in 1080p HD quality and has been designed by award-winning designer Yves Behar. The Ouya is powered by a NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core processor, supported by 1GB of RAM with 8GB Internal Flash Storage (Expandable via USB Port) and measures just 75mm x 75mm x 82mm in size.
A selection of the games available on the Ouya console are listed below:
Towerfall – Matt Makes Games, Inc. (Matt Thorson)
- Enter the land of TowerFall with your friends and engage in the noble and brutal tradition of bow- and-arrow combat. Launched first on the OUYA, June 25th! TowerFall is an archery combat platformer for up to 4 players. It’s a local party game centering around hilarious, intense versus matches. The core mechanics are simple and accessible, but combat is fast and fierce. The focus is on player mastery and friendly rivalry. Inspired by long afternoons and all-nighters squaring off in the local multiplayer classics of my youth, TowerFall aims to recreate that childlike joy. It’s best played competitively with friends, cross-legged on the floor within punching distance of each other.
BombSquad – Eric Froemling
- The couch gets explosive in this up-to-four-player chaotic party game. Control one of many cartoon characters and battle in co-op, PvP and racing many games with plenty of explosions, punches and hilarious action.
MRS. DAD vs KORV
- A pack of two local multiplayer games exclusively for the Ouya that let you sit back on the couch with friends and jump into some fun, brought to you by grapefrukt games and Redgrim. MRS. DAD – Collect dots to grow bigger and vacuum your friends. This pacman-esque game is hectic and easy to pick up for new players. Play it with your parents or pets! KÖRV – In the post apocalyptic future fast food will be running this planet. Being a responsible top predator, sports are important. Team up with a friend to collect as many eggs as you can and bring them all to your goal for big points.
Polarity – BlueButton Games
- You are an elite hacker, with a twist. Explore a beautiful, futuristic 3D compound and collect precious data in this first-person puzzle game where something as simple as choosing your favorite color could mean your life.
Final Fantasy III – Square Enix Inc.
- Hironobu Sakaguchi’s third installment in the role playing game franchise will be updated to exploit OUYA’s high-definition resolution in glorious graphic detail. In the OUYA exclusive, gamers outside of Japan can play Final Fantasy 3 on their televisions through a console for the first time.
DubWars – MURA Interactive
- Turn up the wubs and explore a micro-universe in this Dubstep-powered, rhythm-based dual stick shooter that might wake the neighbors. Your tiny spaceship is powered by music, and if you survive countless dangers and successfully drop the bass, you’ll unleash a powerful punch.
No Brakes Valet – Captain Games
- From the creator of Enviro-Bear 2000 (the world’s most-realistic bear-driving sim) comes another adventure, firing on all cylinders. This time you’ll manage a valet parking lot. Simple enough. But keep alert, the Prime Minister is visiting, and some vehicles are due for a brake check up.
SHADOWGUN – Madfinger Games
- SHADOWGUN combines tactical combat with third person harrowing action. SHADOWGUN puts players into the role of John Slade, a professional bounty hunter in the year 2350. Slade’s mission: hunt down Dr. Edgar Simon, renowned geneticist and former employee of the trans-galactic corporation Toltech Enterprises.
Hidden In Plain Sight – Adam Spragg Games
- Imagine a race where every runner has a gun with one bullet. Do you sprint to the finish? Or hang back in the safety of the crowd? Death Race is one of five game modes which challenge players to blend in with NPCs to accomplish goals while risking elimination by their opponents. Hidden in Plain Sight is a local-multiplayer game for 2-4 players (and unlimited spectators!).
Rush Bros. – XYLA Entertainment LLC
- Rush Bros is a pulse-pounding, music infused Platform Racing Game that features a single player and a competitive multiplayer either split-screen local or online between two simultaneous racers. Rush through over 40 unique levels jam-packed with puzzles, obstacles and power-ups in a race to the finish line where the victor can literally crush his competition. Two DJs enter, one DJ leaves!
You Don’t Know Jack – Jackbox Games
- The original quiz show party game now has an exclusive version for OUYA! You’re the contestant in a multiplayer interactive game show experience, complete with cash, prizes, backstage characters, pounding music, bizarre sound effects and your lovable but verbally sassy host, Cookie Masterson. Plus, you can use the Jack Pad iOS app to turn your phone/tablet into a controller.
Canabalt – Adam Saltsman
- Escape impending doom and leap from rooftop to rooftop in this special HD version of the popular endless runner. Challenge your highscore and explore new levels all on the TV like never before.
Ice Rage – Mountain Sheep, Inc.
- Ice Rage brings the classic 8-bit hockey experience to the 21st century! There are tons of unique characters to choose from. Try out the Ice Aces, amazing special characters such as the lightning fast Rage Face or heavy-hitting Enviro-Bear.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.