Retropreneur Labs has launched a new Kickstarter campaign today for their OrbMi voice messaging system that allows you to communicate in a completely unique way to your family and close friends.
Watch the demonstration video below tho learn more and see the OrbMi voice messaging system in action. Features of the OrbMi include :
• A direct connection for grandparents and grandchildren
• Spouses can hear from their loved ones despite their busy schedules
• Orb friends across campus without messaging them in class, in the library, or while they are out for the night
• Share a more meaningful message of support before your team’s or group’s big event while letting them prepare or rest without disruption before their big day
• Leave Orb messages for your kids while you are away
• Bridge the challenge of a long distance relationship, especially across time zones
• Orb yourself reminders during your day for when you reach home
• Let your family and loved ones hear and share voice without tech disruption or interruption of their busy lives
Its creators explain a little more about the hardware and its inspiration.
Despite hundreds of ways to communicate, we aren’t communicating well with the people we truly want to hear from and share with, our closest friends and family. We want to reverse this trend.
OrbMi is a personal voice messaging system for our closest friends and family. What makes it unique is that it’s about messaging convenience and control for both the sender and receiver. It’s a bridge to better connections with our network of 2 or 20 loved ones, not another feed for our network of 200 contacts to skim through or interrupt our day.
New messaging options focus on one click text sends, creative emojis, or maybe seconds of a voice clip….but these aren’t really what’s missing in our messaging options. We don’t share as often as we could because we worry it might be an inconvenient time to alert their phone, or if we do share, we downgrade our message to a short text or tweet to minimize any perceived interruption. These are the problems OrbMi solves….the problems that keep us from staying close and connected with those that should matter to us the most.
At it’s heart, it’s about better communication at the perfect time, every time. It allows us to share more freely and openly with our loved ones without inconvenience or disruption. With OrbMi, it’s ALWAYS a good time to call.
Jump over to the Kickstarter website for more details and to make a pledge from $130
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Top News