After launching their campaign via Kickstarter to raise the required funds to help create the Pillars of Eternity role-playing game for PC and Mac systems.
Its publisher Paradox Interactive has this week announced the game has sold more than 500,000 copies worldwide and has been a great success for the developer Obsidian, who has also just recently rolled out a new expansion for the game in the form of The White March.
Obsidian Entertainment CEO Feargus Urquhart.
Every one of these milestones, from the completion of our crowdfunding campaign to the game’s release and beyond, is a surreal moment when you consider where this journey began. Pillars of Eternity has been a life-changing experience for me, and for everyone involved in its creation. Knowing that over half a million people have gotten to share in that is both flattering and humbling. I want to deeply thank all of our fans and supporters. We can’t wait to share what we’ve got next for the world of Eora.
The trailer for the White March expansion can be seen below and now allows your party members to advance to level 14 adding two levels to the pervious level 12 maximum. Together with powerful new spells, abilities and talents for all 11 classes.
Features of White March also include :
▪ New areas to explore: Largely focused on the snowy environments inspired by Icewind Dale, the expansion will feature a new quest hub, and many additional quests and dungeons.
▪ Soulbound weapons: The expansion features mighty artifacts that grow stronger over time. These weapons gain different powers and attributes depending on the character class that binds to it.
▪ New companions: Part 1 of the expansion introduces two new companions you will be able to use throughout all of your adventures. The Devil of Caroc, a rogue, and Zahua, a monk, will be available to join you on your quest in The White March and will travel back with you into the base game.
▪ Multi-class talents: Classes will now have additional options to diversify and take on some of the abilities of other classes.
▪ Party AI: Now you will have the option to set AI scripts for your party, allowing you to focus on controlling the characters you care about most.
▪ Enhanced Enemy AI: Enemies and monsters are now smarter than ever. The new AI makes the entire game more of a challenge, and spell casters will use a wider variety of their spells in more devastating ways.
▪ Respec: At any inn or tavern the player can re-level their party members. It gives flexibility for the player to experiment with the RPG systems and try out builds with the newly added multi-class talents. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your character, you can now do a rebuild and start over fresh.
Source: EurogamerFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News