NVIDIA has released the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for their NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 and the update brings a range of new features to the device.
The NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is being released over the next few weeks, it also comes with the March Android Security patch.
Here is what is included in the update:
This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:
• Supports the new Vulkan™ API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware
• Adds Android 6.0.1 changes including:
- Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode & Updated Emojis
- Double Tap Power Button to launch SHIELD Camera app
- Do Not Disturb Until Next Alarm
• Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations
• Adds USB MIDI support
• Adds memory compression enhancement
• Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
• Fixed Compass functionality
• Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues
• Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card
• Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue
• Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode
• Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016
• Overall stability and security enhancements
The update for the original SHIELD Tablet, including LTE models, will be made available in a few weeks. Thanks for your patience and support.
You can find out more details about the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for the NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 at the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.