The team at iFixit has wasted no time opening their toolkit and taking their screwdriver to the new Nintendo Switch Lite handheld console, providing a great Nintendo Switch Lite and overview of what you can expect to find inside its outer shell. The Nintendo Switch Lite is now available to purchase priced at around $200 depending on the retailer and has been optimised for personal handheld gameplay and features a unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built in +Control Pad. Without the ability to connect to a large screen HDMI TV or monitor. The new Nintendo Switch Lite is compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode.
“Introducing Nintendo Switch Lite, a new version of the Nintendo Switch system that’s optimized for personal, handheld play. Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system at a great price. If you’re looking for a gaming system all your own, Nintendo Switch Lite is ready to hit the road whenever you are.”
iFixit has awarded the Nintendo Switch Lite a repairability score of 6 out of 10 with 10 being the easiest to repair. Points to remember before you start stripping down your new Nintendo Switch Lite handheld games console is that :
– Screws, rather than adhesives, secure most components.
– Many components, including the joysticks, fan, and headphone jack, are modular and can be replaced independently.
– The battery, though strongly glued down, can be replaced shortly after removing the rear case.
– The digitizer and display are not fused, but are firmly glued in place.
– The flash storage and SD card reader are now soldered directly to the motherboard.
– Uncommon tri-point screws hinder all repairs.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.