Nikon has added a new compact digital camera to its range, with the launch of the Nikon Coolpix S1000pj.
The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj comes with a 12.1 megapixel sensor, a 5 x wide angle zoom lens, an ISO Rang of 64-6400, 4-way VR Image Stabilization System, and a 2.7 inch LCD screen.
Whats sets the Nikon Coolpix S1000pj apart from the rest of the compact digital cameras available on the market today is the inclusion of a built in projector which is capable of projecting and image up to 40 inches, it also has a built in slide show function.
Here are the specifications.
- 12.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
- 5x Wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range that gets you close to the action while capturing expansive landscapes.
- World’s first camera with an ultra-small, built-in projector provides new ways for enjoying your pictures anytime and anywhere.
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System:
- Hybrid VR Image Stabilization combines Optical and Electronic VR Image Stabilization to minimize the effects of camera shake.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 6400 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects.(ISO 300 and ISO 6400 are available at 3MP or lower resolution.)
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image.
- Incredible, Bright 2.7-inch High Resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures with anti-glare coating and brightness adjustment.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts camera setting.
- Nikon’s Smart Portrait System:
- New Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- Smile Timer, Blink Proof and Blink Warning makes sure you’ll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subject’s eyes remain open. Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
- Quick Retouch adjusts contrast and color vividness automatically and automatically activates D-Lighting
- 16 Scene Modes
- Record movies at 640 x 480 resolution at 30 fps
- Macro shooting as close as 1.2”
The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj will retail for $429.95.
Product Page via PC World