Electronics enthusiasts looking to control any normal outlet or high-voltage product from anywhere may be interested in the new Relay Shield for Photon, which is now available to purchase directly from the Adafruit online store priced at $30.
The relay shield has been designed to regulate the power to a variety of different electronics and provides four relay connections that are rated at a max of 220V @10Amp.
Enabling you to control any electrical appliance that is rated under 2000 Watts. Adafruit explains a little more about the Relay Shield for Photon add-on boards specifications :
– Operating voltage: 7 to 15V DC
– Current consumption: 150mA min to 290mA (at 9V DC)
– Relay Max Voltage: 250V AC
– Relay Max Current: 10Amp at 125V AC
– Compatible with both the Core and the Photon.
– Dimensions: 152.7mm x 46mm x 18.2mm / 6″ x 1.8″ x 0.7″
– Weight: 82.2g
For more information on the new Relay Shield specially designed for use with Photon jump over to the official Adafruit website for details via the link below.
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Top News