CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos has announced via Twitter this today that Amazon is preparing to unveil its eighth generation Kindle e-book reader next week that will take the form of an all-new top-of-the-line Kindle.
Unfortunately no details on specifications, worldwide availability or pricing has been unveiled as yet, but as soon as more details are made available by Amazon next week, we will keep you updated as always.
The current lineup of Kindle devices includes the current flagship ebook reader in the form of the Kindle Vovage which is priced at $199, with the range also including the $119 Paperwhite and the $99 basic Kindle model. Specifications of the current top of the range Kindle Vovage include :
– High-resolution 300 ppi display – reads even more like the printed page
– Reinvented page turns – PagePress enables you to turn the page without lifting a finger
– New adaptive front light – provides ideal brightness, day or night
– Our thinnest Kindle ever, with new flush-front bezel design
– Battery lasts weeks, not hours
– With Kindle Unlimited, read as much as you want, choosing from over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks. Try Kindle Unlimited free for 30 days.
It will be interesting to see what Amazon tweaks to make the new 8th generation Kindle more enticing to consumers and enable it to compete with other Android and iOS tablets and smartphone devices.