If you have been waiting to get your hands on the new 8 megapixel Raspberry Pi cameras that are available in both black-and-white and colour variations, you we pleased to know that the camera boards are now also available from the online Adafruit website.
The new version 2, Raspberry Pi camera were unveiled earlier this month and are equipped with a high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensors that are capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel still image photography, and also support video capture at 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps, and 640 x 480p @ 90fps.
Specifications of the new version 2 Raspberry Pi camera module include :
– 8 megapixel native resolution high quality Sony IMX219 image sensor
– Cameras are capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images
– Capture video at 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolutions
– All software is supported within the latest version of Raspbian Operating System
– 1.4 µm X 1.4 µm pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low crosstalk, low noise)
Optical size of 1/4″
– Improved Resolution & Remaining High Quality
For more information on the new Raspberry Pi camera module jump over to the Raspberry Pi Foundation or Adafruit online store website for details following the links below.
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Camera News, Top News