Stephan Electronics based in Switzerland has created a portable hardware password keeper, which has been aptly named the Mooltipass Mini. Which is capable of carrying your passwords in a safe USB connectable device that isn’t vulnerable to standard password manager attacks.
Watch the video below to learn more about the Mooltipass Mini which was taken to Kickstarter this month to raise the required funds it needs to make the jump from concept into production.
Our online lives are always expanding and along with new territory come new usernames and passwords… leading us to experience security fatigue. The Mooltipass Mini is designed to help you keep all of your passwords secure, while still leaving them easy for you to access no matter where you need them. Whether you’re looking to improve your existing password management methods, or just starting to explore how to manage them all, the Mini has something for you!
The Mini connects to any USB-capable device (phone, tablet, computer, etc). To use it, all you need to do is insert your personal smartcard, unlock it with your PIN, and start using your device. You’ll be able to log in anywhere with a quick tap on the desk or a few tweaks of the scroll wheel!
Why Do I Need a Mooltipass Mini?
Excellent question! If you browse the Internet regularly, you have no doubt amassed a healthy assortment of accounts for various sites and services you use daily, monthly, or even once in a blue moon.
Do you have no problem remembering all of your unique and different passwords for those services without using something to help you remember them, not to mention each site’s differing password requirements? OK, then maybe the Mini isn’t something you need… but wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a device that could remember all of your passwords for you? The Mini can help with that! Specifications and features of the Mooltipass Mini include:
– One Mini can be shared by multiple users, identified by their personal cards
– One smartcard works on multiple Mooltipass Minis: have a backup Mini!
– The Mooltipass Mini isn’t vulnerable to standard password manager attacks
– Mooltipass Mini cards can safely be cloned without compromising security
– User credentials can safely be exported: backups are encrypted!
– Your credentials are safely encrypted inside the Mooltipass Mini
– Only remember one card PIN to access all your credentials
– Tamper evident case made of Anodized Aluminum
– Secure firmware updates