Modal Electronics based in Bristol, within the United Kingdom has created a new monophonic wavetable synthesiser in the form of the Modal CRAFTsynth 2.0 offering 40 morphable waveforms, 16 oscillator modifiers, sequenced arp and MIDI DIN and Sync input and output.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about this beautifully designed portable synthesiser which has this week launched via Kickstarter to raise the required funds it needs to make the jump into production. Measuring just 150mm x 135m x 68mm the portable synthesiser is available to back with earlybird pledges from £99 and worldwide shipping expected to take place during April 2019.
Specifications of the Modal CRAFTsynth 2.0 monophonic wavetable synthesiser include :
– 8 oscillators in total with 2 selectable waveforms and mixer stage
– 40 unique waveforms available split into 8 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets
– VA, digital and generative waves are available along with selections from the Modal 002
– Process and cross modulate waveforms with 1 of 16 oscillator modifiers including Frequency / Phase Modulation, Hard / Window Sync, Ring / Amp Modulation, Derez / Bitcrush, Wavefolders and Waveshapers – Oscillator modifiers are applied to Wave 1. In some cases, such as for FM or AM, Wave 2 is used as the modulating signal for Wave 1
– Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 8 oscillators for a huge sound
– 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
– 2 x audio rate LFOs
– 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources, each source can have 1 destination. (LFO1, LFO2 and MOD-EG assignable from CRAFTsynth, Velo, Note, ModW, AftT and Expression assignable from MODALapp)
– Program and transpose patterns with the built in sequenced arpeggiator
– 2-pole resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
– Delay and distortion (waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
– Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
– 64 preset storage locations
– 8 key touch MIDI keyboard with 8 custom scales and root note selection
– MIDI DIN in and out
– Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
– Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
– Headphone and line output Powered by USB or 3 x AA batteries
– Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
– Portable and compact design
To make a pledge to be one of the first backers to own the Modal CRAFTsynth 2.0 synthesiser jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below. When a full list of all available pledge options are available to view.