Android users waiting for the arrival of Microsoft Office will be pleased to learn that Microsoft has now made available a smartphone version of their Microsoft Office 365 suite of apps.
But unfortunately at the current time no Android tablet version of the Micrsooft Office 365 suite is available to install. The new Microsoft Office 365 Android application provides users with access to Microsoft’s aloud storage service SkyDrive as well as SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint services.
“Microsoft Office Mobile is the official Office companion optimized for your Android phone. You can access, view and edit your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint documents from virtually anywhere. Documents look like the originals, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics and shapes. When you make quick edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and content remain intact.”
Key Features : Access documents from virtually anywhere:
**Office Mobile requires a qualifying Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
– Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office
documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.**
– Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
– Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
Office documents look stunning:
– Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
– Optimized for phone – Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
– Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
– Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share:
– Edit – You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
– Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
– Edit While Offline – Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
– Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
– Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
– Share – When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
The new Microsoft Office 365 app is now available to download from the Google Play Store.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.