Earlier this year in July Marvel unveiled their new Marvel Cinematic Universe Blu-ray box set, which was listed on Amazon for $140. Unfortunately the box set shipping dates were delayed due to licensing disputes, but if you have been patiently waiting for its arrival you will be pleased to learn that it’s now on track to start shipping on April 2nd, 2013.
The original suitcase has now been replaced due to the ongoing licensing dispute with its designer, but Marvel’s blog has revealed the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One set will still come in a not-exactly-S.H.I.E.L.D. briefcase complete with glowing Tesseract inside.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled box set includes 10 Blu-ray disks and comes complete with a glowing Tesseract, all encased in a replica of Nick Fury’s iconic briefcase.
– Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
– Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
– Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
– Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
– The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
– Iron Man (Blu-ray)
– Bonus Disc – “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
– Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Check out the promotional video below to see a glimpse of what the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Blu-ray set contains
Source: EngadgetFiled Under: Geeky Stuff, Top News