Developers, makers and hobbyists that require battery packs to power their projects might be interested in a new product which has been created by Micah Toll based in Miami Florida.
Maker Batteries have been designed to provide the ability to create your very own custom lithium-ion battery packs to suit your exact needs and project requirements. Watch the video below to learn more about how they can be combined to create almost any battery combination you might need.
Build your own battery for:
– Off-grid energy storage system for your cabin or RV!
– Custom electric bicycle battery to fit your frame!
– Make a battery for your RC drone, plane or car that weighs less and has a higher capacity than the stock battery!
– Build your own mini-Tesla Powerwall (or full size, or even bigger!)
– Make a portable battery bank to power your devices on the go!
– Add a second energy grid to your home powered by renewable energy!
– And so much more! The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
Maker Batteries are pre-welded lithium-ion cells in a kit including everything you need to build your own custom lithium batteries! They are designed for makers: people who enjoy the DIY approach and creating things with their own hands. No welders or specialized tools required; all you need is a soldering iron and a few common hand tools!
- The straight modules are better for batteries where shape is less important and simple squares are fine. The smaller 3-cell straight modules are great for little drone batteries with big capacities. The larger 6-cell batteries are better for applications that require even larger capacities, like home energy storage or portable power banks.
- The triangular modules are great for creating batteries of unique shapes. This is especially useful for electric bicycle batteries because they often need to fit into odd shaped frames, where shapes like triangles and trapezoids are required.
For more information on the new Maker Batteries jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: DIY Projects, Hardware, Top News