Mac OS X users might be pleased to learn that Logitech has today rolled out Mac support to their range of Logitech Alert Security System and Cameras. Enabling you to now view the cameras on Mac OS X.
The new Logitech Alert Security Mac software “Alert Commander” is now available to download from the Apple AppStore for free and allows you to configure your video security system, watch live video, store video on your computer and review recorded video, directly from your Mac. Watch the video after the jump to see it in action.
Alert Commander provides a wealth of features and supports up to six Logitech Alert security cameras:
* Install your Logitech Alert camera system on any Mac (with OS version 10.6.8 or higher)
* Control and configure your video security system
* Manage up to 6 cameras
* View live and recorded video in HD resolution
* Set up motion zones for individual cameras
* Create and manage e-mail and mobile phone motion alerts
* Perform Digital Pan, Tilt and zoom
* Back up video stored on your cameras to your Mac
* Manage your account and security settings
* Receive desktop notification of important events
* Set schedules for when you want to receive motion notifications to your email or mobile device
“With a wide-angle lens that delivers twice the viewing area than that of a standard camera and HD resolution video, home security has never looked this good. Plus, there is a new pop-out window feature that allows you to minimize the main app while continuing to watch one or more cameras while you multi-task. Work on a presentation or browse the web, and still keep an eye on what’s important.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.