The Khadas VIM3 mini PC Offers an alternative to the Raspberry Pi mini PC and will be launching later this month and available to purchase from June 24th, 2019 onwards. The VIM3 SBC is the latest addition to the companies popular Khadas VIM series of mini PC systems. Powered by a Amlogic S922X SoC, based on the big-little CPU architecture the system offers x4 Cortex A73 performance-cores and x2 Cortex A53 efficiency-cores, combined into a hexa-core configuration, and fabricated with a 12nm process to maximise performance, thermal and electrical efficiency.
Supported ROMs include Android 9.0 (Pie), Ubuntu XFCE 18.04 and LibreELEC (Linux 5.1 + Kodi GBM) at the current time with more on their way. Features of the Khadas VIM3 mini PC include :
– Faster CPU Performance – Big-little architecture. x4 high-performance Cortex-A73 cores, paired with x2 efficiency Cortex-A53 cores.
– Neural Processing Unit for A.I.- Next generation, deep-neural-network applications, at 2.5 TOPS.
– Switchable PCIe and USB 3.0 – Use the Khadas KBI to switch the “combo interface” to either the USB-3.0 port or PCIe interface.
– USB-C Power Delivery – Wide-range of power input, from 5-20V for power-hungry applications, e.g. Microphone Array and Speakers.
– Dual Independent Displays – HDMI and MIPI-DSI, with 3-axis digital accelerometer for display rotation detection.
Specifications include :
– Amlogic S922X
– Quad Core ARM Cortex-A73 and Dual Core Cortex A53 CPU
– ARM Mali-G52 MP4 GPU
– HW UHD 4K H.265 75fps 10-bit video decoder & low latency 1080p H.265 / H.264 60fps decoder
– Supports multi-video decoding up to [email protected] + [email protected]
– Dolby Vision and HDR10, HDR10+, HLG and PRIME HDR video processing
– Built-in Cortex-M4 core for “always-on” processing
For more details on the Khadas VIM3 jump over to the official Khadas website by following the link below.