Avant-Goût StudiosCreated a new interactive children’s book called the Esca’Pad in Madagascar, which uses augmented reality technology and the power of your iOS or Android tablet to bring the pages of the books to life for your children.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the interactive children’s books which come complete with a special tablet surround which angles your camera down to the pages on the book allowing the companion application to trigger immersive events as your child reads.
The development team behind Esca’Pad in Madagascar explain more about their Kickstarter campaign and the design of their interactive range of children’s books.
The augmented reading is an innovating experience where the tablet offers visual and sound enrichments to the book in order to dive the reader in a brand-new experience. Easely use, the reader opens the book cover to transform it into a tablet support. Thanks to mirror, the tablet recognises automatically the current page and gives a new dimension to the story including videos, animations, games, soundscapes. Designed and patented by Avant-Goût Studios after 3 years of tests and researches, this innovation has a name : The Covar
• Its wildlife include more than 80% of endemic species : lemurs, lizards, crocodiles, butterflies, turtles, fossas…
• Humpback whales travel up to 5 000 miles without feeding to reproduce themselves in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean of the island.
• Vanilla, pepper, curry, berries, cloves … spices are grown and discovered on the Island.
• Largest Malagasy baobabs measure more than hundred feet height and 23 feet width.
• Crocodiles of Madagascar can live more than 100 years.
• Leopards, bulls or grey reef, sharks are very present around the Island.
Esca’Pad is a travel diary interactive for kids from 6 to 9 years old which considers 12 subjects: environment, astronomy, sociology, biodiversity, ethnology on 28 illustrated pages and 24 interactions: games, animations, webdocs, ressources, musics, experiences to realize…
The book will be available in French and in English and suitable with Apple and Android tablets from 7 to 10 inches equipped with a front camera and iOS9+ and Android 5+ systems.