After previously unveiling their new bookshelf speaker in the form of the IKEA SYMFONISK, IKEA has this week announced its availability and pricing the Sonos powered speaker at $99. Measuring 10 x 15 x 31 cm in size the speaker can be placed horizontally or vertically or even mounted to a wall using hook mounting brackets which are available separately priced at $10 or $20 for a horizontal speaker wall bracket.
The IKEA SYMFONISK Sonos powered speakers are now available to purchase directly from the IKEA website and are available in black or white finishes. IKEA has also created a table lamp which is equipped with a wireless speaker and priced at $179 also available in black or white.
“SYMFONISK table lamp with WiFi speaker shines a new light on sound, literally. Except bringing together two powerful mood boosters, two functions in one means one less cord to hide, one less power socket to reach, and one less product to buy. Best of all – the table lamp speaker isn’t loud at all (unless you turn up the volume, of course). It simply blends in.”
Features of the IKEA SYMFONISK speakers include :
– This speaker has a rich and vibrant sound that fills the entire room and allows you to create the right atmosphere at home.
– The speaker is a collaboration between IKEA and Sonos, so it easily integrates with other products from Sonos.
– Use the speaker as a shelf by mounting it on the wall with SYMFONISK speaker bracket, sold separately.
– Hang the speaker on KUNGFORS rail or rack by using the SYMFONISK speaker hooks, sold separately.
– You can stream music, podcasts and radio via Wi-Fi without interruptions from phone calls or notifications. The music keeps playing even when your phone or tablet is not around.
– Supports all of the major music streaming subscription services.
– You can control each speaker individually, so you can play music in one room while the children are listening to an audiobook in another one, or play the same sound throughout the home.
– Compatible with Airplay 2 so you can stream audio directly from your Apple devices.
– If you want stereo sound, you can buy two identical speakers.
– You can use two identical speakers as rear speakers for a Sonos home theatre system.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.