Leo Babauta a simplicity blogger who created the awesome site Zen Habits has this week launched a new Kickstarter campaign to help raise the required funds to finish his Habit Zen application.
The iOS and Android application has already been started with Leo investing $20,000 of his own money into the project, but unfortunately requires another $50,000 to complete the project satisfactorily.
Check out the video below to learn more about the Habit Zen app which has already raised over $35,000 thanks to over 500 backers.
Leo explains more :
We’re going to use this app to run a bunch of fascinating experiments with habits. By using the app, you’ll be helping us learn how to help people best stick to the habits they’re trying to form. For example, this app will allow us to test:
– How long you should do your habit to start with
– How many habits you can optimally form at once
– Whether it helps to be in a group, and how big of a group is best
– The effectiveness of reminders, accountability, rewards, and fun consequences
– Whether you’ll keep going if we threaten to email your mom if you don’t check in 🙂
– And much more! By testing these out, we’ll be able to help create an optimal habit formula, and help you stick to things longer.
I’m creating this app because I know how powerful habit change can be, and I want to help thousands of others overcome resistance and change their lives too.
For more information on the new Zen Habits jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Geeky Stuff