Adafruit has this week announced the availability of its new Ultimate GPS module which offers a USB connection, 66 channels and 10Hz updates. The GPS module is now available to purchase for under $40 and the breakout board has been built around the MTK3339 chipset. Providing makers, developers and hobbyists with a high-quality GPS module capable of tracking up to 22 satellites on 66 channels.
“The Ultimate GPS module you know and love has a glow-up to let it be easily used with any computer, not just microcontrollers! With the built in USB-to-Serial converter, you can now plug-n-play the Ultimate GPS into your computer, laptop, embedded Linux computer, and more. Power and transport data over any micro USB cable, with handy on-board indicator LEDs that let you know fix status and whether data is being received & transmitted.”
Specifications of the Adafruit Ultimate GPS module include :
– 165 dBm sensitivity, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
– Plug and Play USB with CP2104 USB-to-Serial converter built in.
– PPS output on RI (Ring Indicator) serial control pin
– USB Micro B connector + two mounting holes
– Only 25mA current draw
– RTC battery-compatible
– Built-in datalogging
– Internal patch antenna + u.FL connector for external active antenna
– Fix status LED + UART activity LEDs
Follow the link below to the official Adafruit online store for more details, full specifications and purchasing options.