Even though Google Glass is not available commercially to buy as yet, it has been rolled out to lucky winners of Google’s, Google Glass Explorer competition.
Now Google has released a new update for their revolutionary Google Glass eyewear which brings with it a numb rod new features and tweaks.
The major new features to be added in the latest Google Glass eyewear update XE5, is integration with Google’s Google+ social network, which added functions to enables Glass users to view incoming Google+ notifications, such as direct shares, comments and mentions.
New Google Glass features in the XE5 update include :
– Change to sync policy: require power + wifi for background uploads
– Crash reporting
– Incoming G+ notifications (direct shares, comments, +mentions), including ability to comment and +1
– Incoming Hangout notifications
– Transcription of queries & messages is now wicked-fast
– Long-press to search from anywhere in the UI (no longer just from off)
– International number dialing + SMS
– Hop animation on disallowed swipes in the UI
– New On-Head Detection calibration flow
– Show device Serial Number on Device Info card
– More reliable estimation of battery charge remaining
– New recipient-list mosaic
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.