Following on from the introduction of the new Gigabyte Aorus PCIe 4.0 SSD last month, Gigabyte has now revealed pricing announcing that the 1TB module will be priced at $260 while the 2TB will be priced at $480. The PS5016-E16 also features eight NAND channels with 32 CE targets, DDR4 DRAM caching, and a PCIe 4.0×4 interface. While the chip supports the NVMe 1.3 protocol, LDPC error correction, and Wear Leveling and Over-Provision technologies to provide a reliable storage system.
Specifications of the new Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD include:
– Form Factor: M.2 2280
– Interface: PCI-Express 4.0×4, NVMe 1.3
– Total Capacity: 2000GB*
– Sequential Read Speed : up to 5000 MB/s
– Sequential Write speed : up to 4400 MB/s
– Wear Leveling, Over-Provision technologies
– TRIM & S.M.A.R.T supported
– Fully Body Copper Heat Spreader
– Warranty: Limited 5-years
Gigabyte will also be shipping its new SSDs a little earlier than expected, with availability now scheduled for July 8th rather than July 13th as previously announced .