Runners that are interested in monitoring their heart rate to make sure they are “in the zone” are sure to be interested in more information about the new Garmin Forerunner 225 GPS Watch that includes a new wrist mounted Heart Rate monitor for the first time.
The Garmin Forerunner 225 is expected to be available next month priced at $300 and can be seen in action in the video below.
“Know your zone with Forerunner 225 – our first GPS running watch to measure heart rate at the wrist using Mio Continuous Technology. Its colorful graphic interface shows your heart rate zone and beats per minute at a glance. Built-in activity tracker records steps, calories and distance throughout the day.
Out of the box, Forerunner 225 sets your zones based on your age-adjusted max heart rate estimate of 220 minus your age. You can adjust these zones either on the watch or at Garmin Connect, allowing you to customize your watch as needed. ”
– Colorful graphic interface shows your zone and beats per minute at a glance
– Tracks distance, pace and heart rate*; activity tracking counts steps and calories all day
– Built-in accelerometer records distance indoors
– Connected features¹: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™, live tracking, social media sharing
– Compatible with advanced workouts and free training plans from Garmin Connect
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.