Mozilla has today announced that they have now finalised the functionality of their new Firefox OS Simulator 3.0 software and released it for use by all.
The new Firefox OS Simulator 3.0 has been designed to allow you to play with the new Mozilla Firefox OS in your Firefox browser, enabling you to see the features and navigation available in the latest release.
The Firefox OS Simulator 3.0 includes a number of new features including :
– Push to Device
– Rotation simulation
– Basic geolocation API simulation
– Manifest validation
– Stability fixes for installation and updates to apps
– Newer versions of the Firefox rendering engine and Gaia (the UI for Firefox OS)
Together with notable improvements in the areas of :
– Keyboard shortcut to repackage/reinstall/restart the current app – drastically improving workflow speed, especially for packaged apps
– Significantly reduced download/installation size of the Firefox OS Simulator
– Faster start time (partly due to above with smaller size)
– Much newer versions of Firefox OS and Gaia
– General bug fixes, making it more functional and reliable
– OS-standard ways in the menu to close the Simulator, with corresponding keyboard shortcuts (Alt + F4 on Windows, Cmd + Q on -Mac, Ctrl + Q on Linux)
For more information on the new Firefox OS Simulator 3.0 jump over to the Mozilla website for details.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.