Following on from all the new unveilings and announcements yesterday from Apple, which saw the arrival of Apple’s new iPad Mini tablet. Apple has today rolled out a new update to its Final Cut Pro X software, which is now available to download and adds a wealth of new features, updates and tweaks to the film editing package.
Final Cut Pro X v10.0.6 is a notable update and now includes support for RED cameras with native REDCODE RAW editing, together with the ability to add freeze frames to the timeline, and a redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations, to name just a few.
Full list of new features and specifications added in Final Cut Pro X v10.0.6
– Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precise editing of individual audio channels
– Unified import window for transferring media from both file-based cameras and folders of files
– Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations
– RED camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing and optional background transcode to Apple ProRes
– MXF plug-in support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using third-party plug-ins
– Dual viewers, each with a video scope display, let you compare shots to match action and color
– Option to add chapter markers in the timeline for export to video files, DVD, and Blu-ray disc
– Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser and allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip
– Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips
– Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline
– Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a single keystroke
– Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle, and more
– New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip
– Compound Clip creation in the timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects
– XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third-party apps
For more information and to download the latest version of Final Cut Pro X v10.0.6 jump over to the Apple iTunes App Store.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.