Adafruit has today announced that the Feather 32u4 RFM69HCW Packet Radios offering 868, 915 MHz or 433MHz have now arrived at the Adafruit online store and are now available to purchase priced at $24.9
If you are not already aware Feather is the new development board that has been created by the team over at Adafruit and offers a light, small form factor bold that has been specifically designed to provide a device to create projects that require a portable microcontroller.
Adafruit explained more about the new additions to the ever-growing range of devices :
These are the Adafruit Feather 32u4 Radio (RFM69HCW) 900MHz and the 433MHz – our take on an microcontroller packet radio transceiver with built in USB and battery charging. These are Adafruit Feather 32u4s with either a 900 MHz radio module cooked in or a 433 MHz radio module cooked in! Great for making wireless networks that can go further than 2.4GHz 802.15.4 and similar, are more flexible than Bluetooth LE and without the high power requirements of WiFi.
For more information on the new Feather 32u4 RFM69HCW Packet Radios jump over to the Adafruit website for details and ability to purchase. Specifications include:
– Measures 2.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.28″ (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
– Light as a (large?) feather – 5.5 grams
– ATmega32u4 @ 8MHz with 3.3V logic/power
– 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
– USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
– You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
– Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
– 8 x PWM pins
– 10 x analog inputs
– Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
– Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
– Power/enable pin
– 4 mounting holes
– Reset button
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.