Volker Bartenbach based in Zurich Switzerland has created a new robotic exoskeleton kit which has been specifically designed for STEM education applications and offers a 3D printable Arduino-powered project the students, makers and hobbyists.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the Arduino EduExo Robotic Exoskeleton which is now available to back via Kickstarter with delivery expected to take place during August 2017. Volker explains more about the Kickstarter project and its inspiration.
When thinking of robotic exoskeletons, movies such as Iron Man, Aliens or Elysium may come to your mind. But already today there are many real world exoskeletons that support rehabilitation of stroke patients, enable people with paraplegia to walk again or support workers lifting heavy objects and protecting their backs.
What it is:
• It is an educational robotics kit that will help you to learn about exoskeleton technology.
• It is a do-it-yourself kit that requires your active participation and willingness to learn and try new things.
For whom it is:
• For high school and college students who want to learn about robotic exoskeleton technology to prepare themselves for a career in exoskeletons and wearable robotics.
• For makers and hobbyists who are looking for an interesting and entertaining project in a fascinating field.
• For teachers and professors who want to set up exoskeleton courses or labs. The EduExo provides additional teaching material and can save a lot of time and money.
For more information on the new EduExo Arduino Powered Robotic Exoskeleton Kit jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News