Anyone looking for a portable headphone amplifier to be able to get the most out of their hi-fi headphones, may be interested in a new pocket 9v Deluxe CMOY Headphone amplifier which has been created by Lucid Labs.
Lucid Labs has previously created a number of audio systems including the Lucid Labs Raspberry Pi DAC, Cipher USB-DMX Lighting Interfaces and Cipher Lite USB to DMX interface all of which have launched via the Kickstarter crowdfunding website.
Now the team has taken to Kickstarter once again and has already raised the funds it requires to take the Deluxe CMOY Headphone amplifier into small production. Th amp includes a switchable bass boost, Single or Dual TLE2426 Railsplitter options and is available in either standard CMOY 11x Gain or 4x Gain with NJM4556 op amp. Lucid Labs explains more :
We have been making CMOY headphones for several years now. We started producing the standard CMOY design but later saw the need to upgrade to a TLE2426 rail splitter virtual ground power supply. This upgrade creates a much more stable power supply than simple resistor divider designs. After selling thousands of our standard Lucid Labs CMOY headphone amplifiers, we decided to make a deluxe version including features commonly requested by our customers.
Using two rail splitter chips in parallel greatly increases the current that the power supply can provide which can be an issue when using lower impedance headphones. We are also offering a lower gain option (4X) for those with lower impedance headphones. Combining the low gain option with a dual rail splitter power supply makes a CMOY much better suited to work with low impedance headphones.
Specifications of the pocket amplifier include :
– ALPS RK0971221Z05 Potentiometer with built in on/off switch. These high-quality, Japanese made potentiometers feature smooth, noise free operation.
– Single or dual TLE2426 Rail Splitter chip for stable power supply. Lucid Labs CMOY amps are stable for headphones from 30-300ohms.
– High quality Panasonic Film Capacitors
– 8 Pin DIP socket, makes swapping op amps easy for users that want to try out other dual op amps.
– High quality custom made PCBs
– Available in 8 different tin varieties
– Made in the USA, every single amp is tested
– switchable bass boost
– single or dual TLE2426 Rail Splitter power supply
THD as low as 0.00342% when paired with 300 ohm headphones
For more information on the new CMOY Headphone amplifier jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from just $40.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Top News