Das Keyboard has announced the availability of its new RGB mechanical keyboard equipped with Cherry MX switches in the form of the Das 4Q Smart. Which is available to purchase directly from the company’s website and retail partners priced at $199. The original Das Keyboard 4 from which the new keyboard has evolved from will also remain part of the company’s product line alongside the new 4Q.
Key hardware features in the Das Keyboard 4Q include:
– A Q button for activating the Das Keyboard Q smart software;
– Individually controlled RGB lights on each key;
– Brightness and media controls, plus an oversized volume knob;
– Full n-key rollover with 100 percent anti-ghosting and for multi-key press capability;
– Extra-long braided cable (2m, 6.5ft.) for better cable management; and
– An instant-sleep button to save the planet.
“The Das Keyboard Q marketplace for applets, which is available across all Q-series keyboards, provides users with the simplest way to get important information straight to their keyboard creating a visual dashboard. Use case examples and other features of the Q-enabled keyboard include.”
– Tracking stocks in real time;
– Monitoring CPU activity;
– Checking the weather forecast;
– Tracking the status of projects, pending deadlines and tasks over time;
– Control of IoT devices, such as turning up the temperature or dimming the lights; and
– Receiving virtually any other kind of information an individual wants to track without ever opening a browser through the Q keyboard’s fully-customizable keys.
The Das Keyboard Q software also includes:
– A dashboard for real-time key color visualization of information coming from the Internet into the Q-series keyboard, made possible by the Q marketplace applets, IFTTT, Zapier or any other cloud applications with a public API;
– Mode illumination, which allows the Q-enabled keyboard’s LEDs to be individually controlled;
– User-defined lighting profiles; and
– A desktop REST API that allows programmers to directly control the light colors with their own scripts.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.