This week Crytek has published a new job advert offering a position in the company for a programmer to bring their CryEngine 3 games engine to Linux.
The new programmer will be responsible for maintaining CryEngine 3 Linux engine, together with providing training to internal and external developers as well as helping out with game prototypes.
- Maintain Linux support for CryENGINE.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability of Unix based build systems for SDK releases and special projects.
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Participate in the development of game prototypes and custom solutions for external partners.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Show a strong passion for customer service and satisfaction.
- Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- Minimum of 2 year of professional software development experience.
- Excellent understanding of:Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Linux operating systems and the open-source development community.
- C++ & Object-oriented software engineering.
- Multithreaded software architecture.
- Common 3D game algorithms
- Adopt existing company development processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and writing English skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willing to relocate to Germany.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to travel for conferences and off-site meetings as needed.
- Report to: Development Manager
For more information on the new CryEngine 3 Linux position jump over to the Crytek website for details.