Following on from the release of the Brix Skylake UHD PC last year, Gigabyte has unveiled a new compact gaming system which it has added to its BRIX range which takes the form of the aptly named BRIX Gaming VR.
Created to provide a system that is virtual reality ready the Gigabyte BRIX Gaming VR GB-BNi7HG6-1060 is fitted with an Intel Kay Lake processor which is supported by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete graphics.
Other features include 2 x M.2 2280 slots for solid state storage, 2 x SODIMM slots for DDR4-2133 memory as well as space for a 2.5 inch hard drive or solid state drive (SSD).
• Features Latest Intel® 7th generation Core Processors
• Ultra compact PC design at only 2.6L (220 x 110 x 110mm)
• Discrete Graphic GeForce® GTX 1060
• 2 x M.2 SSD (2280) slots
• 2 x SO-DIMM DDR4 slots (2133 MHz)
• Intel® IEEE 802.11ac, Dual Band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.2 NGFF M.2 card
• Supports a 2.5” HDD/SSD, 7.0/9.5 mm thick (6 Gbps SATA3)
• 2 x USB3.1 (1* USB Type-C™)
• 3 x USB 3.0
• 2 x Mini DP
• 2 x HDMI 2.0
• Intel Gigabit Lan
• Headphone and Microphone jack
The award-winning BRIX Gaming VR redefines the performance expectations of a Mini-PC, although compact it still retains its upgradeability much like its full-size PC counterparts. BRIX Gaming VR has a custom design that has a minimal footprint while still offering performance. Equipped with Intel’s® latest 7th Generation Core processors and an NVIDIA® Geforce GTX 1060, BRIX Gaming VR is the obvious choice for users who want to explore the realm of VR or experience multimedia from the comfort of their living rooms. Although it is filled to the brim with performance, GIGABYTE has enhanced the thermal design to allow the CPU and GPU to stay cool even under heavy loads.