As expected the BeagleBoard foundation has today launched their new BeagleBoard X15 development board which is equipped with a Dual-core Sitara AM5728 ARM Cortex A15 @ 1.5Ghz and doubles every spec when compared to the BeagleBone Black.
Even though some details have been previously leaked before today’s official launch, full specifications have now been published via the BeagleBoard.org website. Shipping of the board is expected to start before the end of the year.
The BeagleBoard X15 development board is compatible with Debian, Android, Ubuntu, Cloud9 IDE on Node.js and more and comes equipped with 2GB DDR3 RAM, 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage and 2D/3D graphics and video accelerators (GPUs)
Features include :
▪ 2GB DDR3 RAM
▪ 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage
▪ 2D/3D graphics and video accelerators (GPUs)
▪ 2×700-MHz C66 digital signal processors (DSPs)
▪ 2×ARM Cortex-M4 microcontrollers (MCUs)
▪ 4×32-bit programmable real-time units (PRUs)
▪ 2×Gigabit Ethernet
▪ 3×SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host
▪ HighSpeed USB 2.0 client
▪ eSATA (500mA)
▪ full-size HDMI video output
▪ microSD card slot
▪ Stereo audio in and out
▪ 4×60-pin headers with PCIe, LCD, mSATA
BeagleBoard-X15 is the top performing, mainline Linux enabled, power-users’ dream board with a core tailored for every computing task and a highspeed interface for every connectivity need. Give your algorithms room to stretch!
Source: BBFiled Under: Top News