A major update will be arriving for The Bard’s Tale 4 game next month developer InXile has confirmed this week in the form of the highly anticipated and long-awaited Bard’s Tale 4 Directors Cut update. Check out the announcement trailer below to learn more about what you can expect from the latest update that will be rolling out to PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One simultaneously on August 27th, 2019 as Digital downloads. With retail copies for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arriving a little later on September 6th 2019.
The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut features include :
– Hidden in the shadows, an evil has waited patiently. Until now. Who will face the darkness if not you? A heroic adventure featuring 50+ hours of gameplay, 350 speaking parts, a Legacy Mode for returning fans, and over 100 pieces of incredible music!
– Define the way you play, using sliders on numerous options such as saving (including “save anywhere”), the mini-map, waypoint markers and many more. Whether you seek a hardcore challenge, a lighter experience, or something in-between, the choice is yours.
– Play as Bard, Fighter, Practitioner, and Rogue, each featuring 60-70 skills and collectively unlocking 21 unique classes. Build an array of characters to make every play through a unique experience.
– Start your party with a single character, recruiting or creating new heroes to bolster your ranks. Build a party that suits your play style!
– Explore towns full of quest givers, fight your way through dark and deadly dungeons, and navigate beautiful rolling hills, dense forests, ancient tombs, and icy wastes.
– Battle your enemies in dynamic, intuitive turn-based tactical combat, that rewards clever thinking. Use superior strategies, thoughtful positioning, and deadly combos to bring down your foes!
– Unravel challenging mysteries. If your enemies don’t get you, the devious riddles and dangerous traps just might.
– The sense of discovery and mystery doesn’t stop with the environment. Gain ancient Elven weapons containing hidden powerful skills which you’ll need to uncover by carefully examining them.