While most 3D printer manufacturers are trying to create larger print volumes one company has gone the opposite way and created a palm sized 3D printer called the Baby 3D.
The Baby 3D system measures just 160mm tall x 130 mm wide and is capable of creating small 3D prints in just six minutes, enabling the device to be used at home and in educational situations.
View the promotional video below to learn more about the inspiration behind the Baby 3D printer and what makes it unique when compared to other larger 3D printers on the market.
Features of the Baby 3D Printer include :
• Small size: 6.3″ tall, 5″ wide, 8″ deep
• Light weight, about 2.5 pounds.
• Fast printing- classroom times! see real-time video of a 6 minute print
• Compatible with open-source software for 3D printer.
• This is an educational kit you can make and learn from.
• Educators can store ten or more printers in a hard case.
• Customizable, open design.
• Stunning, consistent prints
• Iconic: It looks cool on your desk.
• This is a Personal 3D printer.
(Baby 3D Ultraminiature is 5″ by 4.25″ wide, 7.25″ deep)
The Baby 3D printer project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $40,000 in pledges to make the jump from concept to production.
So if you think Baby 3D printer is something you or your school could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge from $253 and help the Baby 3D printer become a reality.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.