If you have been using the awesome Concepts, sketching, design and CAD app on your iPad you will already know how good this app is. But now its developers TopHatch have made it universal, meaning you can now install it onto your smaller iPhone device as well as your larger iPad.
The new iPhone version 4.1 provides all the power of the larger iPad version of Concepts but now in a smaller package that is convenient to use when any inspiration might strike.
Its creators TopHatch explain more about what you can expect from the new iPhone application.
Our goal in creating Concepts has always been to allow designers and makers to do their best work, faster. We think the first milestone to achieving that vision is to make your design process more flexible. Concepts for iPhone is a big step in that direction — it’s with you at the park, on the train, and in the restaurant for when inspiration strikes.
Concepts is the digital design sketchbook of the future. It’s powerful, flexible and smart, so you can go from quick sketches to beautiful and precise illustrations in a single app. Concepts is made for both iPad and iPhone so you’ll always have your sketchbook at the ready. Enhance your creative capabilities with our infinite canvas, flexible multi-touch shape guides, completely adjustable vector strokes, and the ability to export in powerful formats like SVG or CAD. Once you learn to use Concepts, you’ll never use another sketching app.
Concepts is one of the top-rated design apps in the App Store and it keeps getting better. It is so powerful it’s been used to build a hospital, design a yacht, craft an award-winning quilt, and make custom greeting cards that are taking Spain by storm. Concepts really shines when you’re conceptualizing ideas, rapidly prototyping, or producing quick visual iterations.
Concept iPhone App features include :
– Transfer important drawings between devices with our new Concepts file format and link sharing. Choose “Export” to begin. Improved syncing coming soon.
– Photos and Text are now FREE! Import multiple images for mood boards, change the opacity and trace, or add text labels anywhere at no charge.
– Redesigned Import Screen. Instantly see what’s on your clipboard and exercise those new powers without a gym pass. (Happy New Year!)
– Hide the tool preferences (size, color, opacity, etc) after setting your favorite tools (or pin them and they’ll stick around).
– Configure the new 3 Finger Tap shortcut to show the color wheel, redo an action, or toggle layers. A great complement to our recent 2 Finger Tap shortcut.
– We fixed a bug that sometimes prevented you from listening to music while drawing.
Jump over to the iTunes App store for more details and to download.