Once you have printed your 3D object cleaning up the print and finishing can sometimes be a long and arduous task .
However Steelmans are hoping to change this and have created a USB connected heated 3D finishing tool called the MODIFI3D, that allows makers and developers to modify, repair and finish 3D printed creations with ease.
Watch the video below to learn more about the MODIFI3D £10 3D printing finishing tool that has taken to Kickstarter and already has over 500 backers.
3D printers are fantastic things! Producing some great looking parts straight off the printer. However, if you actually own a desktop 3D printer you will know that this isn’t always the case and all kinds of printing errors can creep in. Removing support material can sometimes be a pain and what if you need to modify the part after printing? You won’t want to print the whole thing again if it can be avoided!… This is where the MODIFI3D Finishing Tool steps in. MODIFI3D offers a low cost solution to Finish, Repair and Modify 3D printed parts.
MODIFI3D is a heated tool with interchangeable tips designed to finish, repair and modify 3D printed parts. MODIFI3D Is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints. The pen like form of MODIFI3D makes it very comfortable to use and extremely easy to control when precision is important. MODIFI3D works with PLA, ABS, Nylon and other 3D printing materials.
Features include :
• 4 interchangeable tips – needle, knife, scoop and point tips (full details below).
• Simple and easy to use.
• Lightweight and compact at around the size of a pen and equally as portable.
• Rapid heat up in less than 15 seconds.
• Fast cool down in less than 30 seconds.
• Touch switch and indicator light.
• Based on an existing proven product – NOT over engineered or complex so hence low cost.
• USB powered – just plug into a computer or other USB socket. Can also be used with a USB wall adaptor (not included).
• Basic stand included + downloadable 3D file to print your own stand/tool holder.
• The ideal companion for your 3D printer.
Jump over to Kickstarter to make a pledge from £10 via the link below.